A simple test of whether you should clear the energy in your home or not is to just pay attention to how you feel when you are home. Do you feel nurtured and happy? Do you feel joy? Do you feel supported and protected? Your home should be your safe heaven, your sanctuary, your source of energetic nourishment and replenishment in times of need, so taking good care of your home is a very important form of self-care.
Feng shui being my expertise, I pay much attention to the energy of any given space, be it a home, an office, a garden or a whole city block. I always emphasize the necessity of clearing a home before implementing any other steps, be it decorating or moving to a new home.
Negative energy exists everywhere; it is an expression of Universal energy, just like good energy is. Both come in a variety of forms, energetic shapes and subtle nuances, and from a variety of sources.
Most of us don’t like to talk about negative energy, though. We can easily complain about other people’s behaviour, ideas or various unpleasant situations. We can judge things as being very negative and choose to focus only on good energy in hope that things will get better.
However, very few of us are aware of negativity as just a form of energy and can calmly and consistently deal with its expressions in many areas of one’s life. It takes continuous practice and awareness to learn to recognize negative energy and clear it from your energy field. It also takes discipline to continuously clear it from your home.
If you are interested in creating a calm and happy home and feeling healthier, Rodika can send you practical and simple feng shui tips.
Click here to subscribe to her FREE newsletter.
So how do you recognize negative energy? Where does this energy come from? And more importantly, how do you clear it from your own home?
Here are some simple tips and insights to help you get started.
How To Recognize Negative Energy
Recognizing negative energy is actually quite simple. It is how the energy feels to you. If any space, including your home, creates a feeling other than peace, nourishing calm or vibrant joy, then chances are there is negative energy there. Your body knows how to read energy if you just listen to those first couple of seconds upon entering any given space.
This is a very valuable time window, when your cells are registering the quality of energy they are about to encounter. If you learn not to miss — or disregard — these first very important moments, you are well on your way of understanding different expressions of energy, including the negative energy.
Where Does the Negative Energy Come From?
Negative energy, just like the positive one, comes from a variety of sources, both human and non-human. Our emotions are a major source of energy in any space. If there was a lot of anger, sadness, fear, conflict or misunderstandings expressed and experienced in your home, know that this energy is still trapped there until it gets cleared by you or somebody else.
The energy of the land can be another source of negative energy, be it from a natural feature such as underground water or from areas that carry the imprints of violence and destruction.
Note that what can be negative energy to you is not necessarily negative energy to another life form. For example, your cat might love to sleep in areas of your home that have geopathic stress, while you will certainly be wise to avoid it.
Decor or any other items given as a gift or brought home from either estate sales, antique or second-hand stores can also bring negative vibrations into your home.
Specific house features, both interior, as well as exterior, can create negative energy as well; this is where the knowledge of feng shui can be very helpful in bringing back the balance and harmony into one’s home.
How To Clear Negative Energy from Your Home
There are many ways to clear negative energy, and the most important thing is to just start! In my book “The Healing Power of Smudging: Cleansing Rituals to Purify Your Home, Attract Positive Energy and Bring Peace into Your Life” I offer over a variety of ways to clear negative energy.
Here are 5 easy ways to clear the energy in your home:
- Learn to smudge by using a variety of dried herbs such as sage, cedar, lavender or many other. Smudging is very effective and requires simple instructions in order to be practiced safely. It is really enjoyable, too!
- Use the power of sound to shift the energy in your home. You can choose to play, over a specific period of time, sacred music from various cultures such as mantras, for example. You can also choose to employ the primal sounds of drumming or singing bowls – either recorded or live (meaning you get to play them!) Using your own voice, as well as clapping, is also a good way of clearing the energy in your home.
- Use space clearing essential oils such as Frankincense, Lavender, Sage, Mint, Lemon Verbena, Juniper and other. You can either use an aromatherapy diffuser, preferably an ultrasonic one, or make an air spray to mist the oils into the air.
- Look into more exotic ways of space clearing such as burning sacred resin or using the Palo Santo wood. Their aroma is very pleasant and the clearing effects are potent.
- Get into the habit of consistently and frequently using the power of fresh air and natural light to clear the energy. This means aerate your home as often as possible, and let the sunlight in for most of the day. Open your windows and open the curtains; these two natural powers can do wonders in clearing many negative energies inside a home.
Experiment to see which method of clearing energy is more appealing and enjoyable to you, because yes, clearing energy can and should be enjoyable! Do your best to incorporate space clearing time into your routine, be it daily, weekly or monthly, and your house will love you for it.