Step by step guidance on how to make your very own feng shui wealth vase and how to place it in your home for good feng shui
The feng shui wealth vase is one of the oldest feng shui abundance and money cures. In fact, it is considered an ancient cure brought to China from India many centuries ago. The making of the wealth vase is still a tradition (and a sacred offering) in many Tibetan Buddhist Temples around the world today.
In feng shui applications, the wealth vase is used as an abundance cure to help you attract and strengthen the flow of wealth and prosperity energy in your home. Even though not the same as received from a temple, you can still make a powerful wealth vase for yourself and increase the wealth energy in your home.
Here is how to make your own feng shui wealth vase.
The items you need to make a wealth vase
You will need to gather the following items in order to make the wealth vase.
- A good vase—ideally an oriental looking one—that can serve as your very own wealth vase! Be mindful not to choose a clear glass vase, as you do not want the content of your wealth vase to be visible. Your vase has to have a lid.
- Soil from a wealthy friend (or from an area with lush, vibrant energy)
- Five different types of grains
- Several symbols of wealth such as crystals, golden ingots, etc.
- A piece of fabric to be placed on top of the vase lid. It has to have all 5 feng shui elements colors (or choose five pieces of fabric, each in a specific feng shui element color)
- A string with the colors of five feng shui elements.
How to make your feng shui wealth vase in 5 steps
Step 1. Find a special time and place to create your wealth vase. Gather your items and place them on the surface where you will be making your wealth vase. No matter which surface you choose, be it your dining table, your office desk or your coffee table, be sure to surround yourself with clean, good energy.
Activate your altar, light a candle and burn high-quality incense (or use your aromatherapy diffuser), say a prayer, and get very clear with your intent to attract wealth. Be sure you are creating this feng shui cure not out of fear, but rather an empowered stance to ask and receive the abundance that is your birthright.
Step 2. Hold your vase for a few seconds in your hands, filling it with your clear intent first, then place your high-quality, vibrant soil inside it. Next, place the 5 types of grains you chose (it can be any grains).
Step 3. Fill your feng shui wealth vase with items that have personal wealth meaning for you. The more meaning each item has for you, the more powerful energy is created—and maintained—in your wealth vase. For example, when I created mine, I used beautiful crystals that I love, and among them a few pieces of pyrite and citrine (the wealth crystals). You can also go for traditional feng shui cures such as Chinese coins, golden ingots, a small Laughing Buddha, etc. Fill your vase slowly and purposefully.
Step 4. After your wealth vase is filled, put the lid on top and cover it with your chosen fabric, In my case, I chose 5 pieces of beautiful shimmering fabric, each in a color of a specific feng shui element, and I placed them in the productive order of the elements — I started with the blue color fabric for the Water feng shui element, then green for Wood, bright red for Fire, light yellow for Earth and shiny golden for Metal.
Step 5. Use your 5 elements colored string to tie/secure well the fabric on top of the lid of your wealth vase.
Your wealth vase is now ready!
Where in your home do you place your wealth vase?
You can place your wealth vase in one of the following feng shui areas:
- the Southeast bagua area (the feng shui money area)
- your personal/lucky Money and Success direction (find it here)
- the yearly direction of the Wealth feng shui star (find it here)
If you want to have more than one feng shui wealth vase in your home, you can surely go for more, and place them in each of these good directions.
After the feng shui wealth vase is created, it is not supposed to be opened again. If you have to open it, for any reason, then you have to start over with all of the above steps. While the wealth vase is never opened, you can sure clean it on the outside as necessary.
A few more things to consider
- The feng shui wealth vase is not meant to be displayed openly. Always place it out of sight in a respectful manner. You can change the placement of your wealth vase, but it is always a good idea to have it out of sight, in a more cocooned energetic space.
- Traditionally, the wealth vase is symbolically cleaned on the Chinese New Year. Of course, you can also clean it at any time during the year, just be sure not to open it.
As you can see, the meaning and the energetic essence of the feng shui wealth vase is to create a magnet for wealth; a strong vortex of energy that is fueled by your intent and the desire for wealth on all levels. It is important to keep a very grateful attitude in mind, as well as understand that truly lasting wealth always has spiritual roots. There is a reason why the wealth vases were (and still are) created in Buddhist temples.
PS. If the process of making your own feng shui wealth vase feels a bit confusing, watch the video I have created a few years ago on how to make a wealth vase.